What you will need:
- some pork ribs from the freezer
- 2 teabags
- 3-4 cloves of garlic minced
- 1/4-1/2 cup butter
- 1 - 1 1/2 cup honey
- 1-2 tbsp chili flakes
- 1 - 2 tbsp soy sauce (I didn't have any on hand so I threw in a couple tablespoons of some VH Honey Garlic cooking sauce)
- I also added a tablespoon of VH Spicy Thai Chili Sauce and a finely chopped Super Chili pepper just because I like it really spicy - these can be left out if you don't want it as hot, or don't have them on hand
- Fill a pot half way with water and bring to a boil
- Add a couple teabags - I used orange pekoe, but have used an apple cinnamon tea before and it turns out delicious!!
- Add the frozen ribs to the hot water/tea and let it simmer until the ribs are no longer frozen together (5-10 mins)
- Put the ribs in a roasting pan with a few tablespoons of water - just enough to cover the bottom of the pan
- Sprinkle with garlic salt and pepper
- Cover and bake at 250F for 1 1/2 - 2 hours
Step Three: The Sauce!
- Melt the butter in the bottom of a saucepan
- Add the garlic to the butter and let it cook for a couple minutes
- Add the honey, chili flakes and soy sauce stirring constantly
- Add more chili flakes or honey until you get a balance of sweet/spicy to your liking
- Remove from heat
- Pour out most of the liquid in the pan with the ribs
- Drizzle a few tablespoons of sauce on the ribs and put them back in the oven for another 1-2 hours.
Step Five: Done!
- Add some more sauce to the ribs and serve!